8.09.2014

[bookworm.]

I used to read a lot... like a lot, a lot. I'd go to Barnes & Noble and peruse all the books until I had a big list of must-reads, then I'd go home and buy them on Amazon for cheap. Gone are the days of luxuriating in Barnes & Noble, though, snuggling down into one of their big welcoming chairs with my latte to read a few pages of a book to see if it sparks my interest. Now I'm lucky to squeeze in thirty minutes before bed or the rare hour during nap time when I don't have 5387425896325 other things I need to get done before I turn into a pumpkin and nap time is over. Ahhhhh, yet I wouldn't have it any other way. : )

All that being said, I've had some serious good book luck lately. Granted, I have lots of bookworm friends who recommend amazing books to me so I guess it really isn't luck, but I seem to go through periods where I just can't get into anything. Since this isn't one of those times, I thought I'd pass on some titles in case you're going through a book drought of your own.

Most recently, I read The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer. It's the story of a group of kids who met at camp one summer and follows them through their lives. It made me nostalgic for being a teenager, and summer, and for a group of friends I never even had. 5 stars.


Before that, I loved This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. Dark humor at its finest- I loved every second of this book. I've heard it will be released on the big screen sometime this year and I can't wait to see it. 5 stars.

Last but not least, The Goldfinch by Donna Tarrt, was so beautifully written I read it slowly and hoped it wouldn't end. I reviewed it in a previous post, and I know a lot of people felt differently about this book, but I truly loved it. 5 stars. 

Anyway, just a quick book post. Sailor's ready for my undivided attention so adiĆ³s! 

No comments: