3.29.2012

[a thought.]

For some reason, wedding photos make me cry. I'm sure that's the case for many emotional women out there, but today I was browsing some of my favorite blogs and came across a few wedding photos that had me blubbering like a baby. I think the reason this particular type of photo tugs at my heartstrings is because my own wedding day was filled with so much emotion. I was so conflicted... conflicted not about my feelings for my betrothed, but conflicted about leaving my home, my family, everything I'd ever held dear, and moving across the country to be with him. I was finding my heart and tearing it out all at once.

All these (almost eleven) years later, I can still feel those tumultuous feelings flow through me when I see a pretty girl dressed in her white gown, and a handsome guy looking at her like she hung the moon. My heart still aches for my family...for my home in the south where the sky is big and the stars are so bright. But when I see my guy look at me like I hung the moon, I know I'd do it all over again and again and again.




5 comments:

Jen said...

love weddings and love this picture of you guys :)

Rich said...

Love you guys!
Hard to believe that day was so long ago.
You look like a couple of kids in that pic!
Thanks for having me there!
XoXo

Rich said...

Dear diary...

Sara Louise said...

So nice to see you back and with a gorgeous wedding photo too! And eleven years... WOW!
Fabulous dress by the way :)

MikeH said...

so crazy!