6.02.2011

[the heretic's daughter.]


The Heretic's DaughterThe Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wish I could give this book 4.5 stars. It was a super slow read, but it's one that will stay with me for a long time.


My knowledge of the Salem Witch Trials was limited before reading the story of Sarah, her mother, Martha Carrier, and the rest of her family who were all persecuted and accused of being witches. The horror that they were put through, physically and mentally, is unfathomable, yet the author did an amazing job of conveying the torment and the deep love that kept this family from being torn apart.


It may take some time to get through the book, but it's worth it in the end. I couldn't put it down during the last few chapters, and was in tears during the last few pages.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

mike herrera said...

I can attest to this harrowing account of cliffs, mules and soaking up the sun. I'm still peeling some of my burnt up skin off. Nice to be back in the shade of western Washington? kinda sorta, not really but yeah.