2.06.2011

[monsters.]


The Monsters: Mary Shelley and the Curse of FrankensteinThe Monsters: Mary Shelley and the Curse of Frankenstein by Dorothy Hoobler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

wow.. this book was REALLY informative. in college, my favorite class was "the romantic era." for some reason, byron, shelley, coleridge... they all struck a chord with me. by the time we read frankenstein by mary shelley, i was hooked.

the monsters takes an inside look at these authors and their lives. it's full of romance, scandal, and tragedy. unfortch, the book reads a bit like a history textbook, jumping around between places, dates, and characters. in spite of being tough to follow and a bit tedious at times, i really got into it.

maybe reading it before bed every night wasn't such a good idea because the characters started showing up in my dreams. spooky!



View all my reviews

No comments: