11.08.2010

[oxygen.]

OxygenOxygen by Carol Cassella
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If there were half stars, I'd give this 3.5. I did like it but I didn't LOVE it. Written by a local author (Bainbridge Island), there were many local landmarks sprinkled throughout and even some shout-outs to Texas, where the main character was originally from. I felt like there were way too many lulls in this otherwise interesting story. For the intense drama that was happening in this woman's life, it should have been more "edge-of-your-seat." Instead, I found myself skimming entire sections of boring detail. The good parts were great, the slow parts were booooooring.

I hear the author's working on her next novel and I'm looking forward to reading it. Let's hope the editor does more weeding out of the fluff next time around.


View all my reviews

No comments: