5.04.2010

[love & marriage.]

mike and i never had professional engagement photos taken.  see, we weren't really engaged long enough to get them done... or organized enough, really.  we were engaged one minute then gettin' hitched in las vegas the next.  it was a whirlwind of love and tour buses.

since it all happened so fast, traditional things like engagement pictures never happened.  you would think that wouldn't be a big deal but, for me, it's been something i've regretted for almost nine years now.  i may be married to a guy with head-to-toe tattoos, i may have had a mechanical bull at my wedding reception, but i'm a traditional girl at heart and engagement pictures were/are important to me.  every once in a while i take out our wedding photos, look at them one by one, and sigh dramatically.  when this happens, mike knows i'm thinking about the fact that we never had a profesh photo shoot.  to him, it's not such a big deal, he has photo shoots all the time.  but to me, it's a big big deal.  i want those memories back.

at any rate, mike called me from tour a few weeks ago.  i was feeling blue and he knew it.  he said he had a surprise for me that he'd wanted to save until he got home but he thought maybe i needed the cheering up sooner rather than later.  he'd made a deal with a photographer to do what we should've done all those years ago.  he scheduled an engagement photo shoot for us.

after almost nine years of marriage, we're engaged... and we'll have the pictures to prove it.

8 comments:

Sara said...

First: I'm new to your blog, so, "Hello!"

Second: That must be one of the sweetest and most romantic things. Congratulations on your new engagement photos. :)

Sara Louise said...

Awesome! That's such a romantic gesture.
And I'm feeling ya, we didn't have any professional photos of our tiny wedding and since I know I'll regret it, I'm going to try and get some done in the next few months.
Hope you show us at least one of the photos ;-)

Alicia said...

:o)

fojoy said...

My husband and I found a fantastic photog for our wedding pics, and while they were stunning, she decided to try something "new" for our engagement shots. Needless to say that experiment didn't see the light of day.

I'm sure yours will turn out MUCH better, I can't wait to see them. Congrats on your re-engagement!

http://robyn-fojoy.blogspot.com/

Griswold Fun said...

I think engagement pictures by far are my favorite thing from our wedding time! Have fun!

Tiffany said...

That is such a sweet thing to do! That is also something I've regretted but I've been telling myself that it doesn't matter so much anymore. Its nice to know that I'm not alone. I hope they turn out to be all that you want them to be.

I had a mechanical bull at me wedding reception too! They are just too fun!

Rosi said...

That's sweet. Congrats on finally getting your engagement photos. I'm sure they'll be lovely.

Jen said...

i love my engagement pictures...i'm SO glad you guys are doing this!