2.19.2010

[the hour i first believed.]

The Hour I First Believed The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb

This book was a BRICK- over 700 pages and I was reading the hardcover edition. There's a possibility that I have carpal tunnel from holding it. Not really but.... maybe.

Aside from the book's physical weight, the story itself was just as heavy. It seemed like so many different story lines but they were all rooted in one place and directly related to the main character, and it didn't get confusing at all.

What I thought was going to be a story about the life of one of the teachers teaching at Columbine High School at the time of the shootings turned out to be much more. It was a story of people who get hurt, lose faith, lose everything, and somehow learn through it all how to still have hope.

Intense, but hopeful.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: