1.11.2010

[men who hate women.]

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson My rating: 4 of 5 stars
ooooh, i LOVE a good mystery.
i was pretty hesitant to read this one for a few different reasons. first and second were the horrible title and the equally horrible cover art. third, i'd heard that it was translated into english from swedish and i was worried it just wouldn't make much sense. i was wrong. larsson had my attention from the very beginning. he wove an intricate web of suspense and i just couldn't WAIT to find out how it was going to end. i'll be reading the sequel asap.
update: i just read that this novel's original title was men who hate women. i'm not sure which is worse.
update, part II: i also just read that the author died in 2004, shortly after turning in the manuscripts for this trilogy. sad and creepy.
View all my reviews >>



1 comment:

Jen Kaplan said...

I do art for a musician who lives in Sweden named Kristoffer Ragnstam. Him and I work entirely via emails and paypal. He has perfect English and he has told me that he speaks English very badly. I have been born and raised in America and spent very little time out of America. He has spent very little time in America. I would say that he speaks better English then me. So translating from Swedish to English isn't that hard. I get the impression that everyone in Sweden speaks perfect English. They even have a concert club named Sticky Fingers.