1.23.2010

[just a dash.]

i'm no betty crocker but i get by...

appetizers:


this is rosemary bruschetta topped with sweet yellow grape tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.  the tomatoes and mozzarella are coated with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt with parsley, and ground pepper.


dinner:


this is a yummy "comfort food" meal that's great for a cold day and the recipe is a variation of one that my friend, kellie, gave me.  the beans are kidney, pinto, lima, and baked, and the meat is ground turkey.  if you're a vegetarian, this can easily be made without the meat.  mix all the beans in a crockpot with ketchup, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and tiny bit of bbq sauce.  brown the meat and add it to the bean mixture.  cook everything in the crock pot on high for an hour.

the corn muffins are made from a jiffy cornbread mix.  jiffy is what my mom and grandma always use so it's my favorite, too.  you can add a little sugar or splenda to the cornbread mix to sweeten it up or just make it as directed on the box for a delicious down-home taste.

crumble a piece of cornbread on top of the beans and enjoy!

1 comment:

Sara Louise said...

My Nana used Jiffy cornbread mix too. Great memories of those muffins. No Jiffy here but it just went on my shopping list for my next trip home :-)