10.02.2009

[zeitoun.]

Zeitoun Zeitoun by Dave Eggers

This book was so good- I learned a LOT about Hurricane Katrina that i had NO IDEA about until now. I remember when it was happening, the pictures I saw on the news and the stories I heard about the families in Louisiana during Katrina were unbelievable.. but this story really put a face on the tragedy that I hadn't seen before.

Zeitoun faced something that others who evacuated didn't. It's one thing to lose your home and see your neighbors and friends lose theirs in a matter of days- having your world turned upside down and your belongings destroyed was obviously devastating for so many people... but then to be thrown into a prison and tortured for "looting" when you were trying to save so many is ludicrous.

I still can't understand it.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: