6.03.2009

[don't forget me.]

as if getting a cupcake on my doorstep at the beginning of the week wasn't enough, the BOOK fairy left a book on my doorstep last night to save me from my book problem. thank you, book fairy!

in other news, i went to see neko case play a show in tacoma last night. it was my first time seeing her and, i have to admit, i was a bit skeptical. i don't normally go to shows where there are actual seats to sit in (fancy!) and i must say it was a nice break from the usual beer-soaked punk rock venues. her set was lovely, each song had a new morbid/artsy/dream-like video playing on a huge screen held by a giant, bright-eyed owl. tim burton-esque trees framed the stage and the lighting changed with the moods of the songs being sung. some of the songs were a little spacey (spacey=no chorus and a little long) but most of the others left me with that wanting, unsatisfied, dreamy feeling that good songs usually do. below is my favorite from last night and, yes, i'm a fan now. neko won my heart...and my blog.

Watch more AOL Music UK videos on AOL Video

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neko Case is one of my favorite female vocalists and I've only seen her once. I'm so jealous, I wish I had realized she was in town. There is something so haunting about her that it just drags you in. I'm glad you had the chance to see her! - Nicole

Candace said...

hey holli...i just wanted to leave you a comment, not about this blog but the others that i have read....
the stories are interesting and sometimes very amusing...but i just wanted to say that you should be an author, you write beautifully and is always intriguing...thanks and keep it coming :o)

Anonymous said...

I agree with both Candace and Nicole. Keep it rolling in!-mike.